Conferences/2001: Stoke Rochford Hall, Peterborough
The Fourth UK RIGS Conference
13-15 September 2001
Stoke Rochford Hall, Peterborough
Upon This Rock
'RIGS and the Planning System'
UKRIGS in association with Peterborough RIGS Group
Thursday 13th September
- (Chair Ken Addison, Chairman UKRIGS)
- Chairman's welcome Dr Ken Addison (UKRIGS)
- Welcome and housekeeping Hugh Cripps (PECT/Peterborough RIGS)
- 'Geological Conservation and the Minerals Industry - Breaking New Ground' Keynote speaker Colin Prosser (English Nature)
- (Chair Cynthia Burek, UKRIGS/NEWRIGS)
- 'Making rocks come to life in your local authority' Graham Worton (Dudley Museum)
- 'Site restoration for geological conservation and education' Ron Foster (Lafarge Redland)
- Field trip Ketton quarry and RIGS sites
- Stamford town trail Alan Dawn
Friday 14th September
- Welcome/Chair Keith Duff (EN)
- 'Engaging the planners' Steve Havers (Cornwall County Council)
- Workshop session 1
- Buckinghamshire Earth Heritage Group 'RIGS and wildlife'
- Peterborough RIGS Group 'Peterborough Geology Audit'
- Alastair Fleming 'RIGS and education'
- Workshop session 2
- John Reynolds 'RIGS Recording & assessment'
- 'regional funding'
- Field trip Kings Dyke brick pit and nature reserve
- Peterborough town trail Eric Robinson
Saturday 15th September
- (Chair Tony Rogers, UKRIGS)
- Chairman's report Dr Ken Addison (UKRIGS)
- Regional reports
- Statement and discussion: 'EarthTrust' Mick Stanley, RSNC
- UKRIGS SGM/AGM (Chair: Ken Addison, UKRIGS)
Stoke Rochford Hall
Stoke Rochford Hall is an elegant Victorian mansion, set in 28 acres of beautiful gardens. Currently owned by the National Union of Teachers. To view the venue, click here.
¼mile from the A1 between Grantham and Peterborough. 20 mins from Grantham station.
Accommodation will be standard. Leisure facilities include golf, swimming and football (additional charge) as well as walking in the extensive grounds.
|Page created by Salticus Web-hosting||© GeoConservationUK, 2018||Page updated 9/11/2009|