GeoConservationUK executive committee was first elected at the first AGM of UKRIGS in September 1999. The current elected committee members and officers, are as follows:
Current Executive Committee
- Mike Browne BSc, C.Geol, FGS
- Project Manager (central Scotland), British Geological Survey, Edinburgh. Chair of Lothian & Borders, Fife and (acting Chair) Tayside RIGS Groups.
- Alan Cutler BSc., M.CAM., Dip.M., M.CIM
- Vice Chairman, Black Country Geological Society (founder member and Chairman 1975-2000). Contributor to the 1990 Nature Conservancy Council Earth Science. Geological Advisor, Dudley Museum.
- Lesley Dunlop BSc, BA, MSc, PGCE, FGS
- Lecturer in Physical Geography and Geology, Northumbria University, Project Officer Berkshire Geoconservation Group, Vice Chair Oxfordshire Geology Trust, Member of NE Geodiversity Forum and SE Geodiversity Forum, Durham Geoheritage Group
- Dr Kenneth Addison MA, DPhil, FGS, FRMetS, FRGS
- Senior Lecturer in Environmental Sciences, Wolverhampton University. Fellow & Tutor in Physical Geography, St Peter's College, Oxford University.
- Mr Keith Ambrose BSc
- Geoconservation Commission; Chairperson, Leicestershire and Rutland RIGS; Nottinghamshire RIGS; British Geological Survey, Keyworth
- Professor Cynthia Burek BSc, MSc, PhD, FGS, FHEA
- Deputy Director Chester Centre for Science Communication, University of Chester. GeoConservationUK representative, Geoconservation Commission, Geological Society of London. Serves on the UK Limestone Pavement Habitat Action Plan Working Group. Chair, NEWRIGS (North East Wales RIGS Group). Deputy Chair Cheshire RIGS, Partner Cheshire region LGAP (Local Geodiversity Action Plan) partnership, Editorial Board Earth Heritage. Appointed member of the Awards and medals committee of the Geological Society of London
- Dr Kevin R. Crawford BSc, PGDip, MSc, PhD, FRGS
- Liverpool Hope University & secretary of North West Geodiversity Partnership
- Dr Tom Hose BSc, MA, PhD, PGCE, MILAM, FGS
- Buckingham New University
- Mr Rick Ramsdale BSc, MBA, MA, PGCE
- Mr John Reynolds BA.
- Retired teacher. Former council member of the Earth Science Teachers' Association (1985-2004, Treasurer 1985-1997). Foulerton Award (Geologists' Association) 1998. Council member of The National Stone Centre. Former Chair, North Staffordshire Group GA (1991-1993). Staffordshire RIGS Group, Member of DETR/Defra Local Sites Review Group (1999-2000)
- Craig Slawson
- Ecological Records Coordinator for Staffordshire Ecological Record, who acts as the GeoConservationUK Webmaster
The committee meet every four to six weeks and are elected at each AGM (the next is to be held at conference in Autumn 2015).
The agenda for the next meeting is available here, members may comment on the content to the secretary.
|Page created by Salticus Web-hosting
||© GeoConservationUK, 2017
||Page updated 28/3/2015